3380 - 4578 PRINTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS, PAINTINGS
- Blank margins foxed/ occas. dam.; lower margin trimmed (w. loss of text?). = Rare.
AND 10 others (incl. browned/ laid down copies), i.a. by W. DE ZWART, J. VAN URK, J. VERINGA and J. VISSER.
- Sl. warped. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
= Originally printed for the portfolio Suite à deux (1978, comprising in total 17 prints) in 50 numbered copies. Afterwards another 75 signed and numbered copies were printed as part of a suite Encre a deux pinceaux, comprising 3 prints, accompanying the book 'Zwart' (1979) by HUGO CLAUS with poetry inspired by these works.
- Waterst. in lower margin; partly yellowed.
Idem. Vogels. Woodcut, 53x85 cm., signed "Peter Alma" and "94/190" in pencil, published by Prent 190 (foxed). - AND 2 other linocuts by G. LE ROY, published by Prent 190.
- Sl. yellowed; sl. dam. in outer upper blank corners.
- Two plates stained in lower outer blank corners.
= No. 3, 4, 8 and 10: Die Löwen, Phantastische Tiere, Der Leuchter, and Exlibris für M.P. Persitz.
AND 1 other: H. STEINER-PRAG, Designs for a Machzor (n.pl. (New York), 1963, (4) textp., 16 plates after drawings by the artist, loose as issued in orig. dec. wr., folio.
- Partly yellowed; sl. soiled along margins.
AND 13 others by the same (various techniques).
- Box with mounted plastic pocket on frontcover (without contents).
= Although each print is numb. "XXII", this edition is one of 20 Roman numb. copies of the "Edition B", with paper size 39x53 cm.
= Represented are T. ANG, M. VAN DER HEIDE, J. TEN HAVE, M. KORENHOF, A. VAN MEER, B. NEGRIJN, K. SCHERPENZEEL, I.K. VANDENHEUVEL, D. WALRAVEN and M. WIJDEVEN.
AND 3 others, i.a. a drawing in ink by H.P. KIPPENBROEK.
- Dam. spot in lower part and near left edge; in need of some cleaning.
= Perhaps from the circle or student of J. Hoynck van Papendrecht. I.a. figure studies and small landscapes (partly identified by the artist, i.a. views at Leidschendam, Sliedrecht, Kralingsche Vecht and Oude Leede). Including a sketch of a man in uniform with the annotation "Model by Hoynck [van Papendrecht?]".
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
- Vague fold in lower margin; pinholes and traces of tape in corners.
AND 2 others by the same (1x unsigned), of a male dancer (black crayon) and a female dancer (black and col. crayon), both on pink paper (both w. vague fold in lower margin).
= Very nice bird's eye view of the interior of a very Dutch bakery. Note the mouse under the shelf.