4646 - 4918 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Sm. dam spot from former mounting near upper right corner.
= With the collector's mark of Albert van Loock (3751) on verso.
- Verso remains of former mounting. = Nice drawing in the manner of LOUIS DAVID.
- Leaf trimmed, occas. a bit irregular.
= With annotation in pencil on verso "A de Leli" (Adriaan de Lelie (1765-1820)?).
AND 11 other portrait drawings, 19th and early 20th cent., various sizes, i.a. a small portrait of Walter Vaes as a young man.
- Foxed. = Annotation by previous owner: "Peter de Wint (?)" on mount. On laid paper.
- Laid down; sm. dam. spots near upper edge.
= Appears to be a sketch of a battle during the Napoleon era.
AND ±20 other drawings by various artists, mostly small sketches, all with military theme, all (early) 19th cent.
- Paper remnants of former mount on verso.
Monogrammist "B.d.B." (1st half 19th cent.). "Frau Snelting zum Besuch auf Hueth spazierend". Drawing, pencil, 16x20 cm., titled and monogrammed "B.d.B. inv. 1824" in pen and ink (sl. soiled). Nusbiegel, J. (1750-1818) (attrib.). (Elderly and invalid people playing and listening to music in a room). Drawing, pen and (washed) ink, 15,5x8 cm.
- Lacks perhaps a part on the left side. = With the collector's mark of Kasimir Hagen (Lugt 4795).
AND 3 others.
- Sm. tear in upper right corner.
AND a small anonymous 18th(?) cent. drawing of a farmhouse with trees, 5x8 cm., framed.
- Tipped onto mount.
= On verso annotation "Louise Vigée le Brun" in pencil and on verso mount "Portrait de Madame Vigée Le Brun" in pen and ink.
AND 8 other portraits, 19th and early 20th cent.
- Two sm. closed unobtrusive tears in lower margin (1 cm. and 1,7 cm.).
= With the collector's mark of A. BARBOZA (1842-1889) in lower right corner of drawing (Lugt 77). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIX.
- Tipped onto mount. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIX.
AND 1 other drawing: P. RÖMER, "Gezigt van Doornwaard" (watercolour, signed "1833 P. Römer" and titled in pencil on verso. Somewhat in the style of P. Barbiers).
- Sl. soiled.
= Possibly by J.C. Schotel (1787-1838). On verso a sketch or sketches of ships at sea.
- Closed hole. = Perhaps an unused (?) design for a book illustration.
Anonymous (19th cent.). (A street vendor putting a spoon in a small barrel hanging from his neck). Drawing, pencil, 24,5x15 cm., monogrammed (?) "OT". - AND 9 other drawings: a series of 8 drawings after (?) J. SMIES and a design showing people bringing a toast flanked by putti and landscape views of a country estate.
= The paper appears to be 17th century, but the style of the drawing and subject points to the Empire style.
Anonymous (17th cent.?). (Two standing knights from a military order, one holding a lance with a shoe). Counterproof of a drawing, red chalk, 34,8x26 cm.
- A few sm. creases; trifle frayed.
= Curious drawing. On 17th century laid paper with a double watermark of a crown and a combination of a small crescent moon or C, heart and a letter D.
Anonymous (17th/ 18th cent.). (Two details of scenes of horses in battle). Drawing or counterproof, red chalk, 20x27 cm.
- Laid down; w. a few closed holes from acid biting.
AND 2 others, both leaves with various small sketches and drawings.
= Den Olden Florus or Kallenbroeker Molen near Terschuur is one of the oldest so called "standerdmolens" in the Netherlands.