5052 - 5316 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
= On verso of an engraving of a Corinthian column from the series Elementos de orden corintio (Rome, ±1537).
- Doubled; cut in 2 pieces (reattached); old flattened fold.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- Laid down on 18th cent. paper w. rubrication in pencil.
= No coin traced with "Cos VIII" on verso (only with "Cos III"). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XC.
- A few repairs and strengthened spots in margins/ corners. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
= On paper with a unidentified watermark of a shield in 4 quadrants (2 with a star and two with letter(s)?), w. small fleur de lis at top. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- Torn in 3 reattached pieces; old closed tears.
= With attribution to Pieter Molijn on verso in pen and black ink and "Coll. M.W. v. Noord 3/2105111".
- Vague vertical fold.
- On paper w. watermark of a fleur de lys in a crowned escutcheon. Trifle yellowed/ stained/ soiled; portion of lower left corner missing; tipped onto later paper mount along upper margin.
= The Iron Man was a pillar of approx. 10 meter high erected in 1653, shortly after the end of the Eighty Years' War, after a design by the Prussian stadtholder of that time, Prinz Johann Moritz von Nassau-Siegen. At the top stood a statue representing the military commander Maarten Schenck van Nydeggen. The pillar was destroyed in 1794 by French revolutionary troops.
- Doubled w. Japanese; one dam. spot above left mill; foxed and w. some brown spots; two (old) verical folds.
= On paper with Pro Patria and "LVG" watermark (right half of Voorn 106).
- On paper w. Pro Patria watermark (Hollandse tuin); horizontal fold w. tiny tear; yellowed; trifle speckled.
AND a similar, small drawing of a fishing boat seen from the side (7,5x7,5 cm.), also framed.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
= An attractive group of drawings. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIV.
= Fine, delicate drawing.
- Sl. browned; verso remains of sellotape along outer margins.
= Nice drawing in the style of J. BUYS. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Flattened vertical middle fold; one sm. brown spot.
Anonymous (18th cent.). (View of men on horseback approaching a village in the mountains, with ruins on the right). Drawing, brush and ink, black framing line, on stiff paper, 15,6x38,6 cm.
- Vertical middle fold; two elongated brown stains.
- Repaired spot in right margin; tear in lower margin; worn section in lower right corner and some brownish stains.
- On paper w. "(...) Blauw" watermark. Some small stains in corners.
AND 2 other anonymous 18th cent. drawings: a peasant boy washing his feet, two cows next to him (pencil, 9x19 cm.) and a study of a dead tree (grey wash, 18x16 cm.).