838 - 876 VARIA. EROTICA, FASHION AND COSTUME, JUDAICA, MUSIC, UNDERGROUND PRESS etc.
= Fine copy, with autograph dedication signed "May Ine" on first free endpaper.
Iidem. Het schaakspel in Nederland. Hilversum, Antiques Chessmen, 2011, 224p., num. (col.) ills., w. inserted CD-rom, orig. boards, large 4to (fine and rare). - AND a modern chessboard w. metal chessmen.
- Sm. stain on frontwr.; backwr. and spine scratched/ sl. dam.
= "Suck" special issue. Very explicitly illustrated and with the following text on the final page: "Final instructions: This is not a work of fiction or of one man. Keep your eye on it's bi-unity. I am smiling now. But if you don't think my story marvellous and you should happen to meet me, kindly pass as though we don't know each other. Moral: "At the moment of coitus all men are one man!"" The concept was conceived by the photographer Anna Beeke as an anti-pornographic statement. Her second husband Anthon Beeke did the layout. Parr/ Badger, Photobooks III, 84: "This charmingly liberated fairy story is gleefully hardcore - The point of the exercise, after all. The pornographic photography itself is timeless, that is to say standard and a little boring, but the factor that makes this a classic of 1970's counterculture literature and the legacy of 60s' 'flower power' - where sexual liberation was seen as the beginning of political liberation - is the inspired graphic design of Anthon Beeke. Exuberant, wacky and excessive (...)."
- Preliminary leaves occas. foxed. Spines partly rubbed.
= Sittengeschichte der Kulturwelt und ihrer Entwicklung in Einzeldarstellungen.
AND 11 others similar, all but one pre World War II, all but one German language.
= I.a. B. ROGERS, Sucking Seamen; P. PARKHURST, Some like it hard; P. PINES, The Sergeant's Privates; S. LYNN, Policeman's Balls; D. WARMAN, Some of my best friends; J.B. VINCENT, The Assman cometh; E. FEY, Summer in Sodom; J. WATSON, The sexual adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
- A few plates (rust)stained/ creased; partly loose; joints sl. worn and upper joint of second vol. splitting.
= Fine series of plates published in the Journal des dames et des modes.
- Trifle foxed; sl. dogeared in lower outer corner. Wr. sl. (water)stained.
= Nice trade-catalogue with several mounted samples of buttons, textile, elastic and yarn.
Stalenalbum. Lingeries. Tricotages. Vakkleding. N.pl., n.publ., 1940, 67p., mounted samples, orig. clothbacked boards, folio.
- Sl. foxed/ soiled; one quire loosening; final few lvs. and lower pastedown waterstain in lower outer corner. Covers sl. (water)stained.
= Nice trade-catalogue with several mounted samples of the fabric used for stockings, undergarment, corsets and pyjamas.
- Part 2 lacks plates 61-84. Portfolio sl. stained/ fingersoiled and lacks ties.
= Colas 1489; cf. Lipperheide Ad51, listing the orig. German edition published 1884-1891.
- Year 1817 lacks 3 plates; year 1818 lacks 2 plates; all vols. sl. foxed/ browned; vol I. some lvs. brown stain in outer lower corner and one quire loosening. Vol. I upper joint starting to split; all vols. sl. rubbed along extremities; corners showing.
= Lipperheide Zb 15; Hiler p. 486; Colas 1565.
- Scattered tax stamps on textp. Plates fine. = Lipperheide Zb15; Hiler p.486; Colas 1565.
- Plates some creases/ folds in outer blank margins and some fingersoiling. Portfolio sl. worn along extremities and some scratches/ soiling.
- Owner's entry on first free endpaper; hinges weak. A few rubbed spots along extremities.
La véritable cuisine de famille Par Tante Marie. Ibid., A. Taride, n.d. (±1900), new ed., 480,(8 advert)p., textills., orig. pict. boards, sm. 8vo.
- Sl. browned; pastedowns and endpapers sl. foxed. Binding soiled; joints splitting; spine-ends sl. worn.
- Wr. sl. frayed; spine strengthened w. paper.
ADDED: 5 miscell. others, i.a. KRUIDENIERSBOEKJE (Den Bosch, n.d., contemp. wr.) and 2 booklets containing laundry coupons (±1880).
- Binding trifle rubbed; corners showing. = Rare first edition, translated into English as Salvation.
"Szalom Asz 1880-1957. Pamięci wielkiego pisarza-Kutno-miasto rodzinne". Commemorative medal, bronze, Ø 7 cm., portrait w. Polish text on recto, Yiddish text on verso.
- Four lvs. dam. in upper blank margin and repaired w. sellotape; owner's stamp on upper pastedown; trifle foxed (incl. covers).
= Rare children's book promoting emigration to Palestine.
- Binding sl. foxed/ stained; spine-ends trifle rubbed.
Rosenfeld, M. Songs from the Ghetto. Transl. and introd. L. Wiener. Boston, Copeland and Day, 1898, VIII,115p., orig. giltlettered cl.
- Waterst. in lower blank margin throughout (incl. binding). Backstrip sl. dam.
Budko, J. and Nadel, A. Das Jahr des Juden. Zwölf Gedichte zu zwölf Radierungen. Berlin, F. Gurlitt, 1920, 1st ed., (72)p., woodcut frontisp. portrait, 12 tipped-in engr. plates by J. BUDKO, orig. clothbacked boards, 4to.
- (Heavily) foxed throughout. Frontcover w. a few wormholes.
- Lower corner dam.; bookplate ("Jewish Cultural reconstruction") on verso frontwr. Stamp on frontwr.; sl. foxed.
= Offprint from Ost und West, Januar-Heft 1902. Rare.
ADDED: 2 picture postcards, 2 ex libris (Julian Nathansohn) and a postal stamp by/ after E.M. LILIEN.
- Spine sl. worn.