1028 - 1496 FINE PRINTING AND ILLUSTRATED BOOKS (including CARICATURE)
= Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
= One of 4 copies printed on name, this copy for the printer Rob Cox.
- Wrappers sl. faded along spine as usual; frontwr. a few tiny stains; vague fold in backwr.
= The frontwr. SIGNED in pen and ink by Hugo Claus. Slagter 18 and p.31 and 88. Rare.
- A fine copy. = Slagter 22. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
ADDED: a copy of the facsimile edition of the work, publ. in 1979 by Reflex, Utr., in 750 copies.
- Sm. monogram "HV" on the colophon. Fine copy.
= De Hand-reeks nummer 1 (all published). Wildemeersch 6; Slagter 11. Signed on title in pen and ink ("C.K. Appel" and "Hugo Claus") by the artist and the author. With loosely inserted "Bestelbiljet" with an illustration by Karel Appel. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Two bookplates on upper pastedown. Covers trifle soiled.
Dvorak, A. Franz Schubert. Ibid., idem, 1987, 23,(1)p., col. etching by O. KULHÁNEK signed in pencil, printed in 110 numb. copies (85), orig. gilt cl. (fine). Malaparte, C. De ijspaarden. Ibid., idem, 1980, 17,(2)p., 2 col. etchings by O. KULHÁNEK, both signed in pencil, printed in 125 numb. copies (25), orig. cl. w. dustwr., 4to.
- Bookplate and owner's entry on colophon leaf.
= One of 25 Roman numb. copies with an extra suite of the etchings.
AND 2 others, published by the same: P. WETSELAAR, Acht exlibris (1981, printed in 110 numb. copies, orig. dec. wr., sm. 4to) and G. GEZELLE, Lofzang der Zonne (1994, col. plate by A. KMIELIAUSKAS, signed in pencil, printed in 50 numb. copies (25), one of the first 25 w. 1 extra col. plate, orig. dec. wr., sm. 8vo).
- Slipcase sl. dustsoiled.
- A fine copy. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVIII.
- Fine copy. = Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVIII.
- Dustwr. 2 sm. dam. spots on backstrip (strengthened w. scotch tape on verso). Otherwide a fine copy.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVIII.
= Astèr 1-3. All vols. bound in giltlettered hmor. w. the gilt Astèr vignette on the frontcover. Ad 3: Breugelmans 154 (first two titles not in Breugelmans). The first work printed for "H. & E.J.W. Vos-de Graaff" (in ms. on the colophon) and with 2 diff. prospectused loosely inserted: for the press (printed in blue) and for the first publication (Mallarmé).
- Hinges weak; owner's entry on htitle; occas. sl./ trifle foxed. Binding sl. worn along extremities.
Caldecott, R. First Collection of Pictures and Songs. London, F. Warne & co., n.d. (±1885), 8 parts 1 vol., col. plates, ills. and orig. pict. cl. by R. CALDECOTT.
- Manuscript poem dated 1916 on first free endpaper, sl. shining through on following page; htitle sl. browned; first 4 lvs. (incl. title-p.) sl. foxed. Covers trifle rubbed.
AND 3 others, i.a. C. DEBUSSY, Children's corner (Coin des enfants). Petite Suite pour Piano seul (Paris, 1908, music scores, orig. clothbacked pict. boards by C. DEBUSSY).
= Published on the occasion of Hans Landsaat's 80th anniversary. One of 35 copies published for sale.
= One of 25 copies signed by the author on colophon. With a SIGNED DEDICATION to MAX SCHUCHART, with his bookplate on verso frontwrapper.
Morriën, A. Afscheid van Lida. Amst., Het Zwarte Schaap, n.d., (28)p., printed in 100 numb. copies, orig. wr.
- Spine browned. = De Jong 576.
AND 23 others publ. by A.A. BALKEMA or HET ZWARTE SCHAAP, i.a. H.J. SCHEEPMAKER, Het Gedenken (1941, printed in 100 SIGNED copies, orig. wr.); Een Psalm Davids voor den oppersangmeester (1944, orig. wr. With the owner's entry of A.L. Sötemann, presented by Balkema).
- First etching sl. browned. Portfolio sl. discoloured at upper part frontcover. Otherwise fine.
= With the (often lacking) colophon, in which the publisher explains the printing history of this work, specifies this copy as one of 200 numb. copies [this copy unnumbered], and presents it to [name not filled in].
- A fine copy from the library of Ulco Proost (bookplate on verso first free endpaper).