1 - 672 FINE AND APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
- First vol. lower corner sl. bumped and spine-ends trifle dam.
= A propos des peintures récentes de Yasse Tabuchi - Fleurs et volcans./ (...) - Lexique d'images.
AND 2 issues of DERRIÈRE LE MIROIR, Paris, Maeght, loose as issued in orig. wr., folio: no.150 (5 peintres et 1 sculpteur. 1965, (double-p.) (col.) lithographs by CAPDEVILLE, FROMANGER and GARACHE) and no.207 (Cinq livres gravés. Ibid., 1974, col. lithogr. wr. by PALAZUELO).
= With AUTOGRAPH DEDICATION SIGNED ("Shinkichi") "for Jan [Elburg]" in blue felt-tip on colophon leaf. A fine memorial volume produced by Tajiri, his children and his friends in commemoration of Tajiri's wife, the artist and sculptress Ferdi, who died in 1970.
= One of 250 numbered copies, luxuriously bound in boards w. cut-out section showing the same design as the loosely inserted multiple, signed "S. Tajiri '97" and numb. "45/250" in pencil.
- Second vol. sm. marker stain on frontcover; corners of slipcase sl. rubbed.
- Number written on lower pastedown. = Reprint of the ed. 1924.
AND 2 others (1x w. owner's dedication on first free endpaper).
- Stamp on htitle, title-p. and verso of all plates; occasional foxing. Paper ticket on spine; 3 ties broken.
= Siegelaub p.150; Lipperheide Yb24.
- Blank margins occas. sl. vaguely yellowed. Covers trifle soiled.
AND 2 others, i.a. R. BARNES a.o., Five Centuries of Indonesian Textiles (Munich etc., n,d. (2010), ills., orig, gilt. cl. w. board slipcase, 4to).
- Stamp on title-p. Offsetting from removed label on spine; mor. sl. dam.; corners showing.
= Siegelaub p.297: "One of the earliest general pictorial surveys of European lace".
- Frontwr. trifle foxed.
= Contains contributions by i.a. Gabor Altorjay, Klaus Groh, Dorothy Iannone, Hans Werner Kalkmann, Milan Kunz, Bernd Lobach-Hinweiser (i.a. "Design-Kritik" w. mounted matchstick), Steffen Missmahl, Janos Nadasdy, Thomas Niggl, Gunter Saree, Wolfgang Schmidt, Gerhard Trommer, Jan Voss and Wolf Vostell.
The Mewspaper. No. 14, 16, 18-25. London, Student's Union of the Royal College of Art, 1973-1974, 10 issues, each 4p., ills., fold. plano newspapers. A.T.W. Press No 7. Düsseldorf, Around The World, July 1987, without pagination, ills., printed in photostat, orig. ringbinder, A4. - AND 11 other issues of art periodicals, all English or French text, i.a. ART PRESS no.11, 12 and 14-16 (5 issued, 1974-1975), CHORUS no.11/12 (1974) and PARACHUTE no.20 (1980).
- Yellowed; some sl. occas. foxing; a few pencil markings/ underlining. Dustwr. rubbed/ sl. worn along margins.
- Yellowed and some foxing; all pages numbered in pencil in lower blank margin; a number of pages w. (very) sm. piece of scotch tape in upper blank margin; ticket on verso frontwr. Loose in lvs.; (sl. worn) backstrip split on joints (strengthened on verso); wr. (especially backstrip) yellowed.
= First edition of one of the renowned books by the modernist artist Torres-Garcia in which he combined calligraphy and illustrations. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE IX.
- Wr. trifle soiled; backstrip sl. worn; backwr. sm. chip from upper margin and a few tiny tears in margins.