920 - 1068 CHILDREN'S BOOKS (including COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES AND TOYS)
- A few small repairs, mainly to pulling tabs or around these tabs; plates trifle foxed in margins. Covers loosening; lacks backstrip; binding rubbed along margins.
= The first movable book by Lothar Meggendorfer, very often republished. Krahé 85; cf. Ries p.710, 2; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.203-205. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Most plates w. marginal tears along pulling tabs (sometimes crudely repaired or w. newly replaced tabs), but all plates in working order or repairable; ruststains on opposite page from metal coils; 2 plates cut open along outer margin for repairs to movable parts. Rebacked; outer and lower margins over both covers restored.
= Krahé 86 and Ries p.710, 10; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.205-206. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Sl. foxed; a few ruststains on opposite page from metal coils; all plates w. sm. tears (mostly along pulling tabs), but all in working order; final plate one portion of plate loose but present. Covers sl. (water)stained; sm. annot. on frontcover; sl. rubbed along extremities.
= Cf. First edition Krahé 80 and Ries p.710, 10; Friedrich/ Von Katzenheim p.205-206.
- A few sm. pencil scribblings (incl. on frontcover); 2 pop-up parts detached. Bindings sl. rubbed along extremities.
= Rare Dutch pop-up books. Both numbered ''No. 3420'' on backcover.
Bomans, G. El Pintor's toverboek van 1001 nacht. Ibid., Senefelder, 1941, stiff paper leporello with text on recto and 3 col. pop-up plates by EL PINTOR (= G. Ehrenfest) on verso, 4to.
- Sl. foxed/ browned. Covers sl. rubbed along extremities.
AND 6 others (all but one with pop-up ills.), i.a. F.H. VAN LEENT, Van Prinsesje tot Koningin. Een aardig tooverboek met versjes (n.pl. (Haarlem), n.d. (1898), 8 col. lithogr. plates on 4 fold. plates (incl. inside wr.), orig. col. lithogr. wr., sm. 8vo) and ASSEPOESTER (Utr., n.d. (1959), col. pop-up plate by J. GEESINK, orig. pict. wr., 4to).
- Covers sl. (finger)soiled. = This work w. anthropomorphic images is part of Série Premières Fleurs.
L'enlèvement du Petit Lapin. Ibid., idem, n.d. (±1950), no pagination, 4 double-p. col. pop-up plates, orig. pict. wr., obl. sm. 4to.
- Covers sl. discol. = This work w. anthropomorphic images is part of Série Favorite.
AND 13 others, all w. French text, i.a. B. POTTER, L'Histoire de Pierrot Lapin Animée! (Paris, 1951, (col.) ills. (2x w. movable part), orig. pict. boards); LES ENFANTS QUI VIVENT DANS L'EAU/ L'ARCHE DE MR. NOÉ (Strasbourg, n.d. (±1950), 2 vols., col. ills. by M.B. THOMSON, orig. pict wr., large 8vo); LE JOYEUR DE FLÛTE DE HAMELIN (Paris, 1942, (col.) ills., orig. pict. wr., sm. 8vo); LA FERME (Paris, n.d. (±1950), ills., orig. boards, obl. 8vo) and LE TRAIN DE FÉLICIEN (Amst., 1981, leporello).
- Trifle browned. Binding worn along extremities.
Falzone Fontanelli, G. Le Avventure di un Pulcino e di altri animali. Ibid., idem, n.d. (±1950), 101,(3)p., num. (full-p.) (col.) ills., 2 col. plates w. movable part and orig. pict. boards by C. CALVINO, large 8vo.
- Covers sl. soiled; frontcover lacks movable part; spine-ends sl. rubbed.
Biancaneve e il Principe azzurro. Ibid., idem, 1948, 75,(1)p., num. (full-p.) ills. (5x full-p. col.) and orig. pict. boards by A. SILIPIGNI, obl. 8vo.
- Trifle foxed; tape remnants on pastedowns. Binding w. some rubbed spots.
- All vols. trifle foxed (incl. wr). = No. 2, 3 and 4 of the series Collana Bebè.
Voy al Supermercado. Barcelona, Editorial Roma, n.d. (±1960), no pagination, 4 double-p. col. (pop-up) plates by R. SABATÉS, orig. ringbound boards. - AND 7 others similar, w. Spanish and Italian text, i.a. Il GIROTONDO DELLE BAMBOLE (Milan, n.d. (±1960), leporello, orig. pict. wr., sm. 8vo); DÓNDE ESTARÁ ''BORREGUITO'', EL PEQUEÑO CORDERITO? (Barcelona, 1953, layered ill. by R. SABATÉS, orig. pict. wr., obl. 8vo) and SIEMPRE MOVEMOS LA CABEZA (ibid., n.d. (±1960), ills. w. pop-up head, orig. wr., 4to).
- All vols. sl. discol. (incl. wr.). = Cuentos ''Escenas'' N° 1, 4 and 5.
AND 6 others similar, mainly in Spanish, i.a. R. SAMANIEGO, Siempre movemos la cabeza (ibid., 1964, pop-up ills., orig. pict. wr., 4to) and LA PAREJA DE MODA Nş 2. TININA Y TININ (ibid., n.d. (±1950), w. loosely insterted ills. of clothes, orig pict. wr., narrow 4to).
- Both vols. trifle soiled. Corners sl. bumped. Otherwise fine.
The Birth of Jesus. Ibid., Folding Books, n.d. (±1951), 6 pop-up plates printed in colours w. gold by R.T. COWERN with English captions, contemp. clothbacked boards w. ties.
- Covers trifle soiled; sl. rubbed along extremities.
= A so called carousel picture book. Published in the series Peepshow books.
AND 9 others, all w. movable and/ or pop-up parts, i.a. L. PETERS, The Big Jump-Up Animal Book (New York, n.d. (1950), pop-up ills. by W. BARTLETT, orig. boards, 4to); W. BONIFACE, Lights Out, Night's Out (Denver, 2009, ills. w. ribbed plastic parts giving the effect of movement when turned by M. KIRKOVA, orig. boards, sm. 4to) and S. ITA, Moby-Dick. A Pop-up book (New York, 2007, pop-up ills., orig. clothbacked boards, 4to).
= With MANUSCRIPT SIGNED dedication by the artist on first page, dated 1996.
AND 5 others by the same, i.a. ABC DISNEY (ibid., 1998); THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ (ibid., 2000) and THE CHRISTMAS ALPHABET (ibid., 1996).
- Sm. paper ticket on frontcover; publisher stamp on frontcover and first textp; trifle foxed (incl. covers).
= The work shows an announcer of colour, a jazz musician, a Chinese man, a pastry chef, a sailor, a tramp and a scholar, all wearing the same pants.
Kuckuck, wo bist du? N.pl., n.publ. (Munich, F. Schreiber), n.d. (±1950), (10)p., col. ills. w. 4 movable parts by D.G.M, orig. clothbacked pict. boards, large 8vo.
- Sm. paper ticket on frontcover; publisher stamp on first page. Covers sl. rubbed.
AND 5 others, all w. German text, i.a. HASSO MIT DEM LASSO (ibid., n.d. (±1950), col. ills. w. sm. rope through entire book, orig. hcl., obl. 8vo); HINTER DEN SIEBEN BERGEN, BEI DEN SIEBEN ZWERGEN (n.pl., n.d. (±1955), col ills. by D.G.M. on dif. shaped lvs., orig. hcl., obl. 8vo) and WELTRAUMFAHRT DER LÜSTIGEN DREI. TEDDY, KASPERL UND JUMBO DABEI (n.pl., n.d. (±1955), col ills., orig. pict. wr. w. movable part on frontcover, sm. 4to).
- Sm. stain in upper margin frontcover; backcover trifle duststained. Fine copy.
= Rare. Bilderwelt im Kinderbuch 2062: "In diesen in der 30er Jahre äußerst erfolgreichen Kinderbuch kombiniert Thomas Seidmann-Freud Dreh-, Zieh- und Verwandlungsmechanismen auf höchst orginelle Art". SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XX.
- Sl. soiled (incl. covers). Corners sl. bumped.
De toversnoek Dutch transl. P. Sharles. Moskou, Malysj, 1978, (4)textp., 7 double-p. pop-up plates and orig. pict. limp boards by A. BARSOEKOV, sm. 4to.
- Sl. soiled (incl. covers). Corners sl. bumped; vertical crease in frontcover.
AND 26 others, incl. a few duplicates, all Dutch text, i.a. PANORMA. DE HAVEN. HET STATION (Amst., n.d. (±1950), 2 pop-up plates, orig. pict. boards, obl. 8vo); J.I. OSETROV, Moskou. Dutch transl. G. Mijne (ibid., 1981, 7 pop-up plates by I. PJATKIN, orig. limp boards, obl. 8vo) and DE GELAARSE KAT (Prague, 1961, 7 pop-up plates and orig. clothbacked boards by V. KUBASTA, obl. 8vo).
= Modern reprint of the series A Peepshow Book.
AND 10 others similar, 6x of the same series and by the same publisher, i.a. BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (1976); JACK AND THE BEANSTALK (1977) and TUMBELINA (1976).
- A few tiny rubbed spots. Corners showing; covers (sl.) rubbed; closing strap broken.
= So called carousel picture book. With the rare text volume. Attractive pop-up book. Krenn's Theater Album no.1. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXI.
- Flaps loose on one side. A few sm. tears in backcover; wr. sl. soiled/ creased.
= Rare porte-brisée book in the shape of a theater with flaps that can be turned over, altering each scene, until arriving at the final scene of the story of Cinderella. The versos of each flap show the theater boxes. Dutch adaptation of the English edition by Dean & son.