1925 - 1997 INDONESIA. BOOKS, MAPS, PLANS AND VIEWS, PHOTOGRAPHS, PRINTS, DRAWINGS AND PAINTINGS
- A few lvs. sm. rubbed spots, occas. affecting text; endpapers sl. foxed. Spine faded.
= Rouffaer/ Muller Suppl. III, p.220.
- Partly waterstained (affecting the plates).
= The enlarged Dutch edition, published in the same year as the English edition. Rouffaer/ Muller p.27; Bastin/ Brommer N 564; Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 331; Cat. NHSM I, p.554; Tiele 592. Rare.
- Owner's stamp on title-p. Frontcover stained at foot of spine.
AND 4 others, i.a. S. WILLIAMS, The Sound of the Ancestral Ship. Highland Music of West Java (Oxf., 2002, ills., CD, orig. boards) and H.M. VAN DIJK, De oostenwind waait naar het westen. Indische componisten, Indische composities, 1898-1945 (Leyden, 2007, (col.) ills., CD, orig. boards, sm. 4to).
- Trifle yellowed. = Rare map.
"Carte des Environs de Batavia". Engr. plan w. inset panoramic view by G. DHEULLAND, 20,3x27,8 cm., n.pl., n.publ., 1750. - AND 4 others.
- Trifle dustsoiled in blank margins; 2 sm. closed marginal tears. Nevertheless a desirable copy.
- Pinholes in corners; a few vague stains. Owner's entry on frontwr.
"Toeristenkaart van West-Java. Touristmap of West-Java". Fold col. lithogr. map, 72x97,5 cm., in orig. wr., ibid., idem, (1932).
- A few sm. tears; pinholes in corners. Wr. sl. creased and w. owner's entry.
AND 1 similar map of Bandoeng and environs.
- Bookplate on verso htitle; partly vaguely waterstained in outer blank margin (pp. 51-52 worse), not affecting text.
= BMN I, 266. Discusses a number of fevers, including "febris endemica Bataviae", "febris gastrica", "febris biliosa" and "febris rheumatica". Radijs describes the effects of those on the human body, the symptoms, diagnosis and possible remedies. Rare.
- (Sl.) foxed. Joints splitting at top of spine; covers sl. soiled.
Casparis, J.G. de, a.o. Borobudur. Prayers in Stone. London, Thames and Hudson, 1990, 175,(1)p., num. (full-p.) col. photogr. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., folio (fine). - AND 12 others, i.a. A.J. BERNET KEMPERS, Borobudur (Wassenaar, 1973, ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr., sm. 4to); E. BANSE, Das Orientbuch (Strassburg, 1914, ills., orig. cl., large 8vo); H. CARTIER-BRESSON, Bali (Olten, 1960, ills., orig. hcl., sq. 8vo); M. COVARRUBIAS, Island of Bali (New York, 1937, orig. cl. w. (dam.) dustwr., 4to) and P. HANSON HISS, Bali (ibid., 1941, ills., orig. cl., 4to). - ADDED: 4 photographs by N.V. PHOTOGRAFISCH ATELIER KURKDJIAN.
- Inksmudge at foot of spine and fore-edge of covers (backcover worse), also sl. affecting first few lvs.
- Trifle (finger)soiled. Spine-ends sl. rubbed; sm. scratch on frontcover.
= Kleykamp 77; Braches/ Heijbroek p.319ff.
Idem. Zwerftocht door Timor en onderhoorigheden. Ibid., idem, 1925, 175,(1)p., num. ills. and bookdec. by the author, printed in red and black, orig. gilt dec. cl., folio.
- Endpapers sl. browned. Covers sl. stained; foot of spine dam.
= Braches/ Heijbroek p.350ff.
AND 2 others on/ by the same, i.a. B.W. CARPENTER, W.O.J. Nieuwenkamp. First European Artist in Bali (Abcoude, 1997, ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., sq. 4to).
- Formerly folded, vertical middle fold. Binding rubbed; a few sm. stains on frontcover.
Vries, J. de. Indische verhalen. Zwolle, W.E.J. Tjeenk Willink, n.d. (±1930), 130p., orig. pict. wr.
- Trifle foxed. = Mozaiek Serie A, no 12.
AND 4 others, i.a. H. BUITENWEG, Zwerftochten door Java (The Hague/ Batavia, 1947, photogr. ills. orig., clothbacked pict. boards).
- Some foxing. BIndings worn; vol. 1 backstrip strengthened w. sellotape; vol. 2 backstrip and backcover loose(ning).
= Vol. 1 w. stamp "Van den schrijver" on title-p. Bastin/ Brommer p.46 and 204-207; Buur, Persoonlijke documenten 323. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XLIV.
- Waterstained; browned; owner's stamp on title-p.
- Occas. sl. wrinkled and w. brownish gluestains shining through.
= Images of Sumatra, i.a. by C. NIEUWENHUIS. I.a. a few photographs showing traditional Batak architecture, railway scenes and very nice landscape views, i.a. of the Harau gorge, Fort de Kock (Bukittingi), a view of the Holy fish pond with the Mosque at Fort de Kock.
AND 16 gelatin silver prints, 1st half 20th cent., i.a. by T. WEISSENBORN and S. SATAKE, i.a. views of Ngadiwono, Ledok, Wonokitri and the harbour Buleleng at Singaraja. - AND 3 portraits, i.a. a Dutch family at Cepu ("Tjepoe") and Frits Keuchenius (head of the Kadaster at Bandung).
- Covers sl. rubbed.
= Views of i.a. people fishing, harvesting, cooking and carrying coconuts.
AND: 5 loose mounted photographs (by i.a. W.E. KERKHOFF, 22,3x17 cm., i.a. w. view of a house in Cheribon).
= Private family album, i.a. showing the (unidentified) family (mainly a male family member named Eek) swimming, hunting, dining and walking (sometimes with locals), pictures with industrial machines and a demonstration of the making of flower and soap at the annual Passar Gambir Fair in 1932.