2101 - 2230 NATURAL HISTORY, MEDICINE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY etc.
- Trife foxed. = Proksch I, p.471f.
- Unobtrusively waterstained. Wr. sl. frayed and discol. along edges.
= Rare and curious pamphlet describing the case of Captain Pieter Asmus, in the service of the VOC and recently returned from the Cape (where he had a tumour removed from his lip) and Batavia.
= Facs. reprint of the edition Rome, 1474. One of the 2300 copies bound in half leather, printed for the members of the Editions Medicina Rara Ltd.
Rueff, J. De Conceptu et Generatione Hominis. Ibid., idem, n.d. (1970), (6),92 lvs., printed in 2800 numb. copies (2500), orig. hvellum, in orig. board slipcase, sm. 8vo (fine).
= Facs. reprint of the edition Frankfurt, 1587. One of the 2500 copies bound in half vellum and Fabriano Roma paper, printed for the members of the Editions Medicina Rara Ltd.
- Occas. trifle foxed. Crack in backstrip vol. 2; covers lack ties. = Wellcome III, p.41; Krivatsy 4187.
- A few leaves professionally restored in blank margin; owner's entry (partly crossed out) and stamp on first blank; remains of bookplate on upper pastedown. Otherwise fine.
= The first collected edition in Latin, edited by Albinus. The first work in our copy with the title-p. of the edition of 1736, preceded by the htitle for the "Opera" edition. Wellcome II, p.220; Bibl. Walleriana 2147; Russell 363 (the first title) and 386 (Opera). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE L.
- Lvs. sl. dogeared; ±10 lvs. inkstain in upper blank margin; final 30 lvs. wormholed; two later owner's entries in pen and ink on htitle.
= Rare work on the treatment of venereal diseases. Not in Proskch; BMN I, p.223.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; lower hinge weakening; last ±10 lvs. waterstain in outer blank margin; occas. sl. foxed, mainly in margins. Vellum sl. soiled and w. a few stains on both covers.
= Medical compendium explaining terms from "Abortus" to "Vulnus pulmonis". Krivatsy 10539; Lindeboom p.1758f; cf. Bibl. Walleriana 8650 (ed. 1682).
- Spine and slipcase discol.
= Facs. reprint of the edition Ulm, 1655. One of the 2500 copies bound in half leather, printed for the members of the Editions Medicina Rara Ltd.
Pugh, J. A Treatise on the Science of Muscular Action. London, The Curwen Press, n.d. (1970), 106,(1)p., num. plates, printed in 2800 (2500), orig. hleather, in board slipcase, large 4to.
- Spine sl. rubbed; slipcase sl. discol.
= Facs. reprint of the edition London, 1794. One of the 2500 copies bound in three-quarter leather and buckram, printed for the members of the Editions Medicina Rara Ltd.
- All sl. worn; some foxing; a few (water)stains; a few tears into image.
= I.a. "Front eener gebastioneerde redoute"; "Voorstelling der ooren"; "Gebastioneerde redoute" and "Barbette".
- (Sl.) browned; a few movable plates sl. dam. Covers sl. rubbed; paper ticket on spine.
- Seven leaves formally stuck together, mainly only visible in blank margin, 1x w. damage in black and white illustration. Slipcase sl. stained.
- Binding vol. 1 trifle chipped and w. some pinholes; binding vol. 2 sl. faded and sl. stained/ soiled. Contents fine.
AND 5 others in 7 vols., i.a. E. MICHAEL and R. SCHULZ, Führer für Pilzfreunde (Leipsic, 1927, 3 vols., 386 chromolithogr. plates, ills., orig. unif. gilt cl. w. mounted ill.) and P. DUMÉE, Petit atlas de poche des champignons comestibles et vénéneux (Paris, 1902, 36 chromolithogr. plates, ills., orig. cl.).
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; 1 endpaper lacks sm. portion. Vellum sl. worn.
= Landwehr, Romeyn de Hooghe as Book Illustrator, 56. Rare.
- (Sl.) foxed. Bindings trifle rubbed.
= First edition. Caillet 9867: "Traité recommandable par ses nombreuses recherches (...)"; Dorbon-Ainé 4382.
- All vols. (sl.) foxed/ yellowed and partly waterstained. Binding worn along extremities.
= Nissen, ZBI 716.
= One of the foremost ornithological works ever published to illustrate and describe all living species of birds. Also the first work to verbally and visually portray all members of one entire class of the animal kingdom. The descriptions are extensive, containing information on taxonomy, habitat, feeding, breeding, movements, conservation and a profound bibliography.
= Fine and complete series.
Bezzel, E. Kompendium der Vögel Mitteleuropas. Wiesb., Aula, 1993, 2 vols., VI,766; (8),792p., maps, ills., orig. pict. boards. - WITH errata booklet.
- All vols. sl. read out of shape; a few lvs. and plates in vol. 3 loose(ning); occas. trifle foxed. Vols. 1 and 3 lower joint broken; spine-ends (sl.) dam.
= Nissen, IVB 491; Landwehr, Dutch Books Col. Plates 86. Zimmer, Ayer Orn. Libr. p.347: "(...) excellent handcoloured plates".
= Facs. reprint of the ed. Amst. 1770-1829.