2342 - 2933 OLD AND RARE BOOKS
- A few quires sl. yellowed; scattered lead pencil marks in text and margins; otherwise fine.
= Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 100 and 102. The most complete edition.
- Occas. yellowed/ trifle browned; sm. tear in inner margin of plan of Vlissingen. Fine, complete copy.
= Van Doorninck/ De Kempenaer, p.249; Haitsma Mulier/ Van der Lem 222. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Occas. yellowed. Fine copy.
= Van Doorninck/ De Kempenaer, p.249; Haitsma Mulier/ Van der Lem 222. Contains one plate more than called for: "Afgebrande kerk" in vol.2. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVI.
- Occas. sl. foxed. Top of spine trifle wormholed.
= With added on final blank in contemp. manuscript several corrections of misprints in the text. Haitsma Mulier/ Van der Lem 408a and 408b.
- Title-p. sl. waterstained, otherwise contents fine. Bound somewhat tightly. Fine copy.
= Second enl. edition. Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 263; Haitsma Mulier/ Van der Lem 397a.
- Frontisp. cut trifle short in lower and top margin (affecting the publ. address); lacks the "Besluit tot de Zeel. Chronyk" (4p., normally bound at the end of the work). Otherwise fine.
= With the often lacking 6 heraldic plates and with two plates not listed in the binder's index (Popkensburg and Oostersteyn). Otherwise plates as listed in the binder's index. Verkruijsse 1046; Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 282. The topographic bible of 17th century Zeeland, with splendid plans and (panoramic) views. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCV.
- Leaf 619/ 620 misbound; a few plates strengthened/ repaired; one plate laid down; some plates w. sm. brown stain. Upper joint splitting; binding worn/ stained; rebacked w. use of old backstrip.
= With the 6 often lacking heraldic plates. Verkruijsse 1046; Nijhoff/ Van Hattum 282. The topographic bible of 17th century Zeeland, with splendid plans and (panoramic) views. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCVI.
- A few leaves trifle foxed in blank margin(s). Sm. imperfection at upper end of upper joint of vol. 1. Fine copy.
= A sumptuously extra illustrated copy of this in itself already desirable work.
- Very fine copy in attractive bindings.
= For the binders see Storm van Leeuwen, I, p.542ff. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCIII.
- Two leaves w. 4 plates in total yellowed. Otherwise a fine and clean copy.
= Large paper copy. The views numbered 1-104 (some double-p. plates are counted as 4 views). One of the finest series of views depicting the Netherlands in the 18th century.
- Contents and title-p. loose and occas. frayed along edges; outer margins sl. waterstained; lacks endpapers.
= Comprising two parts: Van de waere Hervorming des inwendigen Mensch / of der krachten van de Siel and Van de Geestelijke opklimmingen. BCNI 14861.