3284 - 4505 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PAINTINGS and SCULPTURES
- Sm. chip from outer lower blank margin; a few tiny tears in blank margins.
= Rare, early work.
- Sl. yellowed; especially left blank margin foxed/ dustsoiled.
AND 1 other early drypoint by the same (w. some surface dam.).
- Sm. tear in lower margin, sl. affecting the image; corners sl. dam. / w. some holes.
= Title supplied on a mounted typescript ticket w. "Pulchri". = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XIV.
= Very rare complete fine set with 2 silkcreens per artist. Each silkscreen is printed with bull's blood, coffee, clay or bull's shit.
= Created during his time at the academy in The Hague.
AND 6 other works, created by students of the The Hague art academy, 1944-1957, i.a. a linocut showing students at work by LUCIA STEINBACH-JANSEN and an etching by TOON VAN BAKEL. - ADDED 4 others, i.a. a col. lithograph by H. BERSERIK and a linocut by Th. BITTER.
- Occas. trifle (finger)soiled in blank margins. = Mainly lesbian scenes.
- Yellowed; laid down w. closed tears; craquelure in varnished layer. Sold w.a.f.
= Perhaps a sketch for a painting.
- Sl. foxed and some creases.
= Provenance: the collection of Bettty van Garrel and Jan van Geest. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XV.
- Yellowed; sm. hole and tear in lower right corner. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XVI.