3284 - 4505 FINE ARTS - MODERN ART. PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PAINTINGS and SCULPTURES
- Sl. yellowed. = Le Roy 22.
- Yellowed. = Le Roy 122.
= Both one of the 3 rejected woodengravings. Reid A9.
AND 1 other woodengraving portrait by the same of J. Keats (12,5x8,3 cm.).
- Tipped onto mount.
= Reid A9. From the extra suite of E.A. POE, The masque of the red death and other tales (1932).
- Not in Reid.
- Blank margins sl. foxed/ dustsoiled.
AND 3 other drypoints by the same: A valley of the Ardennes, Kerrera No.2 and Lochain, all signed in pencil.
- Pencil annots. in lower blank margin.
AND 1 other etching by the same, "A Lady of Holland" (signed and titled in pencil. Sl. foxed).
- Some foxed spots. = Engels-Söhn 53 a (von c). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XV.
= Also incl. many exhibition brochures, programs, tickets, newspaper clippings. Including various documents concerning the genealogical history of the family Mehauden.
- The vulnerable dustwr. inevitably sl. dam. at extremities. = With loosely inserted advert. leaf.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XV.
= Provenance: the collection of Betty van Garrel and Jan van Geest.
= Remarkable print, with the various tints of white lines creating a subtle image.