4646 - 4918 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Dam. corners w. lacking sections, repaired w. later paper; soiled.
= From the collection of W.A. Freund with his collector's mark (Lugt 954) on verso. And with an attribution to "Ridinger Junior". Perhaps the scene shows the Donation of Constantine, although the people are in 16th century clothes.
- Soiled, w. a few stains and foxed spots.
- Folded three times; soiled; closed tear/ strengthened on fold.
= Also with two unidentified saints (Catharine?). With small sketch on verso in red chalk showing putti.
- Margins cut short to/ on the borderline in pen and ink; probably formerly mounted with vague glue residue on verso.
= On laid paper with a watermark showing an unidentified armorial coat of arms.
- Large stain across image; remnants of red wax seal on recto.
- Lacks a large part of upper left corner; lower left corner wrinkled.
- Foxed, mainly in sky area.
- Some loss of paint on one reedling's head; erased stamp in lower right corner.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVI.
- Upper outer corners sl. dam. prob. from inattentive detaching from mount; trifle foxed; sm. closed tear in lower margin.
= Attractive drawing. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVIII.
- Num. tiny foxed spots.
= On laid paper with the watermark of C.& I. Honig.
- Laid down on mount.
= The mansion Randenbroek (present day name of Rannenbroek) near Amersfoort seen through the woods.
- Some handling creases; trifle foxed.
= St. Aldegonde Castle, located in West-Souburg (presently part of Vlissingen), was pulled down in 1783. Cf. the drawing of the castle by Cornelis Pronk that is kept in the Rijksmuseum, which shows the castle from the same direction. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXIX.