1 - 105 BIBLIOGRAPHY and TYPOGRAPHY
- A few scattered library stamps; sl. yellowed. Top of spine and letterpiece dam.; covers rubbed.
BOUND WITH: Simon, J.G. (ed.). Catalogue des livres En feuilles, delaissés par feu Joseph Ermens (...). Brussels, J.G. Simon, n.d., (2),210p.
- Binding trifle dustsoiled.
- Two bookplates and cat. clipping on upper endpaper. Covers discoloured along edges; a few rubbed spots on backstrip.
= Schmidt-Künsemüller 5191; Vicaire VII, p.925 (erroneously listing 76 plates). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
- Worn/ sl. dam. along extremities binding; frontcover holding on cords.
AND 2 other bookshaped boxes: made from an 18th cent. richly gilt calf binding (8vo) and a 20th cent. red hcalf box.
- Upper joint worn; lacks clasp.
AND a red linen and velours box w. a mounted photogr. portrait on the lid.
= Published on occasion of the exhibition of Irma Boom's "living archive" in the Amsterdam University Library in 2010. The illustrations show Boom's bookdesigns from 1986 until 2010, including the famous SHV Thinkbook, but also designs for logos, stamps and posters.
- Very fine copy.
= Parallel Dutch and English (transl. L. George and M. O'Loughlin) text; with the separate booklet (69,(1)p., orig. wr., large 4to) w. Japanese text (transl. H. Akao), together in orig. board slipcase.
- Fine copy. = Dutch language edition of this standard work.
- Covers sl. chafed/ scratched. Otherwise fine.
= Facs. reprint of vol.13 (Switzerland) of the Atlas Blaeu-Van der Hem, kept in the Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Vienna. Commentary by R. Wagner. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE I.
= Comprises: I. Atlas Isaak de Graaf; II. Java en Madoera; III. Indische Archipel en Oceanië; IV. Ceylon; V. Afrika; VI. Voor-Indië, Perzië, Arabisch Schiereiland; VII. Oost-Azië, Birma tot Japan. Text in Dutch and English.
IN: a custom handmade rosewood cabinet w. glass doors and erectable tilted display top, 95(h.)x84(w.)x56(d.) cm.
= All fine copies.
- Fine copy. = Lists over 700 maps.