112 - 771 FINE and APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
- Wrappers sl. creased and foxed/ stained. = Collected works of André Gide, vol. I and IV.
- Several stamps, annots. and tickets on title-p. and verso wrappers. Foot of spine sl. dam.; wr. creased.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXX.
- Frontwr. loose and w. some additions in pen; front- and backwr. sl. stained; backstrip dam.
- Rebacked; wrappers reattached and sl. creased/ discol. along spine.
= Rowell/ Wye 600. WITH the rare addendum "Izvestia LTzK" (fold. newspaper, (4)p., 1 ill.).
- Outer margin of bookblock creased; spine-ends chipped; wr. sl. foxed and creased.
= Contains interesting free typography/ page design, somewhat in the style of Tatar constructivist Faik Tagirov. Very rare.
- Backstrip restored; wrappers reattached; frontwr. outer margin restored; sm. annots. and vague stamps on backwr.
= Published in several colour variants. Our copy in pink wrappers. Rowell/ Wye 356; Compton, Russian Avant-Garde Books 1917-34, p.129.
- Boards trifle rubbed; sm. stamps and annots. on backcover.
- Backstrip dam./ splitting; stamp and annots. on frontwr.
- Sl. creased and frayed. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXX.
- Frontwr. sl. creased at outer edge; backwr. w. 2 sm. restored spots.
= Rowell/ Wye 891; not in Khan-Magomedov. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXX.
- Owner's stamp on title-p. Backstrip creased and worn; upper joint splitting at spine-ends; two vague stamps on backwr.
= First Russian translation of Reklame-Psychologie, ihr gegenwärtiger Stand - ihre praktische Bedeutung.
- Frontwr. sl. creased and fingersoiled; backstrip sl. worn.
= Khan-Magomedov p.137; Bowlt/ Hernad p.135. Periodical of the early Russian avantgardist movement. With contributions by i.a. Vladimir Mayakovski, Aleksandr Krutchonykh and Sergei Tretyakov. Only 7 issues were published between 1922 and 1924.
- Upper hinge broken; frontwr. loose(ning).
= Bowlt/ Hernad p.135. Periodical of the early Russian avantgardist movement. With contributions by i.a. Vladimir Mayakovski, Aleksandr Kruchyonykh and Sergei Tretyakov. Only 7 issues were published between 1922 and 1924.
- Four sm. filing holes; backstrip partly worn away and w. some gluestains; some sm. inkstains; sm. tear in backwr.
= Khan-Magomedov p.135; Rowell/ Wye p.209; Bowlt/ Hernad p.135; Andel p.166. Periodical of the early Russian avantgardist movement. Only 7 issues were published between 1923 and 1924.
- Vaguely waterst. almost throughout. Covers partly waterst.; joints, corners and spine-ends worn.
= Compton, Russian Avant-Garde Books 1917-34 p.61; Rowell/ Wye 846.
- Wr. sl. creased and frayed; sm. stamp on backwr.
= The 3rd edition of Mandel'sham's poetry debut and the first with frontcover design by Rodchenko. Rowell/ Wye 499. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXX.
- Spine-ends sl. dam.; wr. fingersoiled.
= With illustration of stage designs by i.a. Lyubov Popova and theatre group Sinyaya Bluza (Blue Collar).
- Most plates cut short, affecting image; waterstained almost throughout; 7 leaves repaired in outer top left corner; title-p. creased and fingersoiled; occas. stained; two stamps and annots. in pencil on verso final page. Sold w.a.f.
= Rowell/ Wye 505 and ills. p.210f; Compton, Russian Avant-Garde Books 1917-34, p.85; Khan-Magomedov p.118f: "In 1923 Mayakovsky's poem Pro Eto was published, with illustrations by Rodchenko which are today regarded as a seminal work of photomontage. In fact, it could be claimed that the painter was the co-author of this work, since he had not limited himself to illustrating the poem in order to render its meaning clearer, but had created a series of artistic compositions, capable of conjuring up profound associations of meaning." SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXI.
- Backstrip neatly restored; sm. stamp on backwr.
= Lavrentjev/ Gassner p.79; Khan-Magomedov p.135ff; Rowell/ Wye 715; Compton, Russian avant-garde books 1917-34 p.60. The continuation of LEF. Zhurnal levogo fronta iskusstv. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXI.