5355 - 5792 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Grey impression w. weak spots; brown spot in upper part.
= On laid paper with unidentified oval coat of arms. Bartsch 15.
- Foxed. = Hollstein 9, 3rd state (of 4). From the Bartsch edition of 1799.
- A fine copy, trimmed 2 mm outside the borderline. = Hollstein 34, the 2nd state (of 2), without the name.
AND 2 others by the same, both 18th cent. impressions: Three drinkers (Hollstein 29) and Sitting drinker (Hollstein 18).
- Fingersoiled and agetoned; cut 2 to 5 mm outside the platemark. Good strong impression.
= Hollstein 9; Bartsch 8.
- Fingersoiled; a few sm. professional repairs along edges.
= Title print of the series of 12 ornament designs. De Vesme 1003, 1st state (of 2).
AND 5 other prints: by the same (De Vesme 377), an ornamental freeze by J. LE PAUTRE and 3 sm. etchings by G. DE LAIRESSE (Timmers 23, 51 and 96).
= Plate 2 of the series Paisages maritimes (±1644). De Vesme 789.
AND 5 other prints w. ships, i.a. after N. OZANNE.
- Yellowed; w. tear in left edge, ±2 cm. within the image.
AND 7 other landscape etchings, i.a. 3 17th cent. copies in reverse after H. SWANEVELT.
- Address of Valck cut off from the title-print. = Cf. De Vesme 690ff. Copies in reverse. Rare.
- Upper margin sl. cut short, w. tiny loss of image in the clouds; a few sm. grease/ brown stains; a dark and strong impression.
= Hollstein 1, the 4th state (of 5). With the collector's stamp of Pictura Groningen (Lugt 2028).
AND 1 other small etching by the same (Hollstein 45, 7th state (of 8)).
- On laid paper w. partial foolscap watermark. Cut on/ just inside the platemark.
= Hollstein 11, 3rd state (of 5), with number "4" in lower right corner below image.
- Wide margins; sl. duststained in margins. = Hollstein 10, 3rd state (of 3).
Idem. The set of the goats. Title and 5 etchings, each ±10,2x12,8 cm. (platemark), w. the address of F. de Wit.
= On stiff laid paper. Hollstein 35-40, 5th state (of 6).
AND 6 others, 5x by/ after the same and by F. LONDONIO.
- Yellowed and (dust)soiled/ stained; lower left corner sl. dam.
= Rare caricature on the risk of gambling. Various gambling games can be seen: cock and dog fights (in the painting on the wall), playing dice, card game and backgammon.
= Delteil 90.
- All rolled; a few prints dam.; sl. creased and w. some marginal tears.
= I.a. Adam and Eva in Paradise, Noah building the Arc and the Deluge.
- A few foxed spots; images fine.
= From F. LEVAILLANT, Histoire Naturelle des Oiseaux de Paradis des Rolliers (...) (Paris, 1801-1806. Nissen, IVB 559).
- A few sm. foxed spots.
- Fine w. minor imperfections. = Perhaps a whitethroat or a warbler.
= From Signorum veterum icones.
AND 12 others by the same from the same series or Paradigmata graphices variorum Artificum. - AND 4 engravings by C. VAN DALEN after classical sculptures and an etching by H. QUELLINUS of a classical reliëf.