95 - 588 FINE and APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
= Illustrated catalogues of books on 20th cent. architecture, typography, photography and avant-garde.
- Rubbed along extremities.
= First large exhibition in the Netherlands after WWII in September/ October 1945. Helms, Werkverzeichnis, T 412.
- Portfolio sl. rubbed along edges and w. blindst. ex-libris.
= Rare artist's book chronicling the whereabouts and the functioning of lemon geranium shoots taken from a geranium received by the artist's partner Emmy from a colleague at work.
Idem. Handelingen door weersomstandigheden (een jaar-rond). Bussum, Drukkerij Herbi, 1971, (11) thick lvs., photogr. ills., printed in 200 copies signed by the artist, orig. binder w. plastic clamp, folio.
- Sm. (repaired) tear and crease in backcover, otherwise fine.
= Rare artist's book reporting De Vries's actions and activities around the house during the changing seasons, such as watering the plants in spring and eating kale after the first night of frost.
= Nice publication, the first and last lvs. cut through the centre to create photomontages.
AND 4 others on Warhol and photography, i.a. E. BILLETER a.o., Andy Warhol (Bern, 1978, richly illustrated, orig. cl. w. dustwr., 4to) and ANDY WARHOL FOTOGRAFIERT VON RON GALELLA. Introd. G. O'Brien (Leipsic, 2008, richly illustrated, orig. pict. boards, 4to).
- Spine portfolio foxed. Otherwise fine.
= Le Coultre 7/3-9e. With contributions by H.Th. Wijdeveld, F.L. Wright, L. Mumford, H.P. Berlage, J.J.P. Oud, R. Mallet Stevens, E. Mendelsohn and L.J. Sullivan. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXIII.
- Binding trifle scratched and dustsoiled.
= Good copy of this original collection of Wendingen issues (all without wrappers, as published in this edition) on M. de Klerk: year 6 (1924), no.2 (Reisschetsen en studies); year 6, no.4/5 (Onuitgevoerde architectonische projecten); year 6, no.7 (Portret-teekeningen); year 6, no.9/10 (Uitgevoerde bouwwerken); year 7 (1925), no.10 (Meubel- en interieurkunst). "A special number of Architecture was published on the occasion of the unexpectedly deceased architect M. de Klerk on November 1923. In this publication, it was announced that on December 29, 1923 a decision was made to publish as complete a selection as possible in Wendingen. After publication, it all appeared as a book, for which purpose probably 200 copies were printed. (...) Ultimately the numbers: 6-2; 6-4/5; 6-7; 6-9/10 and 7-10 were part of this commemorative series. Number 10-4 was not part of the series." (Le Coultre p.146 and 170).
- Wrappers sl. creased/ frayed along edges. = Le Coultre 1-8/ 10d and 2-6d.
- Without no. 5 and 7/8. Occas. trifle foxed/ yellowed. All vols. wr. frayed/ (sl.) dam./ dustsoiled (1x waterstained)
= Le Coultre 2-1-4/ 6/ 9-12d. Wrappers by/ after K.P.C. de Bazel, P. Bolken, J. Luger, H. Krop, Jan Sluijters, J. Toorop and G.F. la Croix.
Wendingen. Year 1, no.12. Jan Toorop. Ibid., idem, 1918, 48p., ills., contemp. clothbacked boards w. orig. wr. by W. VAN KONIJNENBURG laid down, 4to.
- Cover soiled and worn along extremities.
- Contents fine. Wr. sl. frayed. Without 6 advertp.
= Le Coultre 2-7/8 d. WITHOUT the separate large woodcut by C.A. Lion Cachet.
- Lacks p.11, 18-21, 33-35 (i.a. the woodcuts of J. Mankes and S. Jessurun de Mesquita). Wr. frayed.
= Le Coultre 2-7/8 d. WITH the separate large woodcut by C.A. Lion Cachet.
AND 4 other WENDINGEN issues: year 1, no.12 (Toorop); year 4, no.1/2; year 6, no.7 (portraits by M. de Klerk); year 9, no.10 (graphic arts, wr. by JESSURUN DE MESQUITA).
= Le Coultre 3-11/12D. Deluxe hardcover edition, published in ±100 copies.
AND 1 other issue of Wendingen: year 3, no.2 (waterwrinkled (contents worse)).
- Bookblock and wr. no.4/5 and 6 w. flattened vertical fold and wr. sl. foxed/ stained.
= Le Coultre 4-4/5d, 6d, 7/8D (deluxe hardcover edition, published in ±250 copies) and 12d.
- Wrapper trifle creased and fingersoiled; backstrip w. a few sm. dam. spots.
= Le Coultre 4-11d; Lissitzky-Küppers 70; Purvis 3-6. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXIII.
- Fine copy.
= Le Coultre 4-12D. Deluxe hardcover edition, published in ±100 copies. With simplified title-page with the opening words "Luxe-uitgave van het Academienummer". Rare.
- No.3 backstrip sl. worn/ dam.
= Le Coultre 5 - 2-4d, 7D (deluxe hardcover edition, published in ±50 copies), 10d and 11/12D (deluxe hardcover edition, published in ±100 copies).
- Year 5, no.8-9 sl. foxed and wr. dam. All vols. wr. (sl.) foxed/ yellowed.
= Le Coultre 5 - 8/9 d; 7 - 11/12 d and 11 - 3 d.
- Good/ fine copies. = Le Coultre 6-2d, 4/5d, 6d, 8d and 9/10d.