95 - 588 FINE and APPLIED ARTS, ART REFERENCE
= Contains a catalogue of all the furniture produced by 't Spectrum.
AND 3 others (unif.) published by the same: Artifort, Weverij de Ploeg and Gero.
= Plates no.1, 8, 23, 30 and 37.
= Impressive documentation of the relation between fascist and futurist esthetics.
Alfieri, D. Guida della Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista. Florence, A. Vallecchi, 1932, 70p., 2 fold. plans, orig. wr.
- Backwr. sl. foxed; spine-ends sl. worn.
- Sm. tear in plate; first blank and title-p. trifle foxed. Top of spine chipped; spine sl. discoloured; binding sl. scratched.
= Rare publication in a royal binding by Josse Schavye, third generation of the famous dynasty of Brussels bookbinders, who worked for various royalties (i.a. King William III) and high officials. The plate showing the glass furnaces of Siemens. Dubois d'Enghien, La reliure en Belgique au XIXe s., p.218ff.
- Contents partly loosening.
Merlhès, V. (ed.). Paul Gauguin et Vincent van Gogh 1887-1888. Lettres retrouvés. Sources ignorées. Tahiti, Avant et Après, 1989, 277,(2)p., (col.) ills.
= One of 1000 numb. copies bound in orig. boards w. slipcase.
AND 6 others, i.a. G. GROOM (ed.), Van Gogh's Bedrooms (Chicago, 2016, col. ills., orig. boards, folio); O. WESTHEIDER a.o., Van Gogh Stillleben (Munich etc., 2019, col. ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., folio) and D. KOSINSKI, Van Gogh's Sheaves of Wheat (New Haven/ London, 2007, col. ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., 4to).
= "Revised and enlarged edition of the Catalogue Raisonné of the works of Vincent van Gogh".
- Occas. sl. foxed; scattered contemp. owner's annots. Upper joint splitting.
- Fine. = All published. Including a duplicate of vol. 4.
- Sl. dam. along joints; wrapper worn.
= With woodcut ills. printed from the original blocks by i.a. J. CANTRÉ, W. GRAMMATÉ, W. KLEMM, G. MARCKS, F. MASEREEL, J. MINNE, G. SCHRIMPF, H. VAN STRATEN and J. WIEGERS.
- Vol. 1 bookblock loose(ning); plates sl. foxed; vol 1 and 2 w. stamp/ annot. on first free endpaper. All vols. backstrip dam. (vol. 1 loosening)/ joints splitting; wr. sl. yellowed; vol. 2 fore-edge sl. foxed.
= Arntzen/ Rainwater N124.
- Two newspaper clippings w. portraits of Kathe Kollwitz tipped on first free endpaper. Boards foxed.
= Söhn 121; Bolliger I, 71.