881 - 1017 FOREIGN HISTORY and TOPOGRAPHY, TRAVELS
- A few scattered library stamps and annots.; one fold. plan w. sm. tear. = Hinrichsen D182.
Idem. Nordost-Deutschland (von der Elbe und der Westgrenze Sachsens an) nebst Dänemark. Leipsic/ Paris, idem, 1905, 28th ed., XXX,464p., 39 (fold./ double-p.) (col./ tinted) maps, 64 (fold./ double-p.) (col./ tinted) plans, orig. giltlettered cl., sm. 8vo.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown; library stamp on title-p. A fine copy. = Hinrichsen D128.
AND 4 other Baedeker guides: Die Rheinlande (1905, 30th ed.); Deutschland in einem Bande (1906, 1st ed.); Schweden und Norwegen (1882, 2nd ed.) and La Suisse (1907, 25th ed.).
- The lot not collated; various (sm.) defects but mostly in good/ fine condition.
= I.a. GRIEBENS REISEFÜHRER (12 vols., i.a. Dresden (1890), Copenhagen (1928) and New York (1931)); WOERL'S REISEHANDBÜCHER (2 vols.: Vienna (1906) and Budapest (1903)) and TAUNUS-FÜHRER (1909).
- Vol. 12 paper over frontcover for the greater part lacking and extremities worn; vol. 2 backcover worn/ sl. dam. along extremities; a few covers vaguely waterst.
- One plate w. closed tear; a few plates (sl.) foxed. Bindings sl. worn.
= Nice plates. Lipperheide Ad25; Colas 3041; Hiler 553.
= Charles VII (at the time Charles Albert, Elector of Bavaria) on his differences with the court of Vienna, concerning the succession of emperor Charles VI of Habsburg.
ADDED: Manifeste de la part de Sa Majesté le Roy de Sardaigne. Turin, J.-B. Chais, 1733, 10p., modern boards, sm. 4to.
= Concerning the War of Polish Succession.
- Text part foxed; upper hinge (partly) broken. Backstrip sl. dam.
- Two filing holes; creased and sl. foxed; one leaf w. pieces of sellotape.
= First hand account of the German breakthrough operation during the siege of Velikiye Luki, sometimes referred to as "Little Stalingrad of the North". See at large R. FORCZYK, Velikiye Luki 1942-43. The Doomed Fortress (Oxf., 2020. Behneman's escape on p.85).
AND ±20 other (small) (typescript) documents, i.a. from the German Red Cross.
- The preface calls for three maps, but only 2 maps are present; it also calls for an appendix, but no appendix is present (and apparently has never been bound with); libr./ owner's stamps on both title-p.
= Both vols. w. the preface signed in pen by the director of the International Tracing Service. Rare.
AND 6 others, i.a. M. EGGER, W. LACOSTE and H.R. NEUMANN, Die Festung Sewastopol: Eine Dokumentation ihrer Befestigungsanlagen und der Kämpfe von 1942 (Cologne, 1995, num. ills., orig. wr.) and M. KREUTZER, Der Polizei-Truppendienst (Munich, 1933, 2nd enl. ed., fold. col. map, num. tipped-in col. ills., orig. clobacked boards. Fine).
- Sl. creased; a few tears and dam. spots at upper edge; lower right corner sl. waterst. and mouldy.
= Rare and curious wallmap showing the dispersion of Germanic culture in Europe, stretching from the Netherlands to the Baltics and Northern Balkans. With several inset maps and extensive legend. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXVII.
- Folded; sl. frayed. = Rare German propaganda broadside on the surrender of the Warsaw Uprising.
- Each vol. w. sm. library stamp on first leaf.
= SIGNED and with AUTOGRAPH "with the Compliments of the Author [signed] 18/7/1940" on first free endpaper. Rare analysis, written almost contemporarily with the events that deals with.
Speer, A. Spandauer Tagebücher. Frankf. a.M./ Berlin/ Vienna, Propyläen, 1975, 671,(1)p., num. ills., orig. cl. w. dustwr.
- Frontwr. sl. frayed in top margin. = SIGNED on first free endpaper.
= Nice wrapper design.
AND 1 other on air defence (Warsaw, 1934).
- Partly sl. frayed; 1 leaflet restored w. sellotape.
= Anti-nazi organizations formed by German officers in Soviet captivity.
Stalingrad. Wie es kam. N.pl. (London), n.publ., (1943), (40)p. (incl. wr.), profusely illustrated, orig. wr., obl. 12mo. Angriff. (Mit der Royal Air Force zusammen greift nun die amerikanische Flugwaffe an). N.pl. (ibid.), n.publ., n.d. (1943?), (16)p. (incl. wr.), profusely illustrated, orig. wr., 12mo.
- Creased. = Booklets spread by the RAF over Germany.
AND 1 other: BEFEHL DES VOLKSKOMMISSARS FÜR VERTEIDIGUNG DER SOWJETUNION. No.130 (Moscow, 1942, orig. camouflage wr. showing actress Marika Rökk).