1359 - 1565 FINE PRINTING and ILLUSTRATED BOOKS (including CARICATURE)
- Lacks the suite of lithographs called for in the colophon for the edition of 38 numb. copies. Occas. sl. foxed; htitle sl. creased in lower margin. Slipcase dampstained.
= Monod 333. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXIX.
- Trifle foxed/ stained. Wrapper split along spine and restored w. scotch tape. = Slagter 22.
- Portfolio trifle worn and faded along lower margin.
= "Le crepuscule du matin"; "Les sept vieillards"; "Le beau navire"; "l'Examen de minuit"; "Une charogne"; "Le jeu"; "Les petites vieilles" and "Le portrait".
- All vols. bookplate of H. Boekenoogen on upper pastedown; each vol. sl. foxed at the beginning. Vol. 1 and 2 top of spine chipped. a few rubbed spots on covers.
= Deluxe edition. Sarkowski 941.
- Covers sl. sunned.
Vroman, L. Oorlog. Ibid., idem, 1982, (9)p., etched frontisp. by L. STRIK, printed in 80 copies (30), orig. cl.
= One of 30 copies bound in cloth, with an extra copy of the etching loosely inserted.
AND 5 others published by the same, i.a. R. KOPLAND, Vroeger (1984, printed in 117 copies. This copy "H.C.", not mentioned in colophon) and J. CORTÁZAR, Het te pletter slaan van de druppels (1981, 3 etchings by Z. JANECZEK, printed in 80 copies, orig. cl. This copy "H.C.", not mentioned in colophon).
= Published in collaboration with the Borzo Gallery on the 50th anniversary of the artist.
= Second part in the series Elementen.
Toorn, W. van. Van de lucht. Ibid., idem, n.d. (2012), (40) lvs., col. photogr. ills. and typography by R. BAKKER, printed in 40 numb. copies (35), signed by the artist and author, orig. clothbacked boards, square 4to.
= Third part in the series Elementen.
- Occas. sl. offsetting from the plates on opposite pages. Fine.
= One of 85 copies on vélin d'Arches. A remarkable and rare artist's book. Monod 737. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XXXIX.
- Sm. piece of scotch tape at foot of spine. = Monod 907.
- Lvs. sl. creased. Wr. sl. stained/ soiled/ dam. at extremities. = De Jong 71.
Aafjes, B. Omne animal. N.pl., n.publ. (The Hague, Mansarde Pers (B. Bakker, C.A.B. Bantzinger and F. Tamminga)), 1944, (32)p., ills. by C.A.B. BANTZINGER, printed in 275 numb. copies, orig. wr., folio.
- Bookblock loose; last leaf sl. foxed. Wr. sl. foxed/ worn at extremities; backstrip dam. = De Jong 13.
Prange, J.M. Bratsh. Proeve van veredeld caricatuur in diverse grafische werkwijzen door JM. Prange Amsterdam 1948-1952. Zaandijk, De Getijdenpers, n.d. (±1953), 19 (col./ tinted) woodcut plates on 10 fold. lvs. and orig. lithogr. paper portfolio by J.M. PRANGE, printed in 120 numb. and signed copies (100), loose in fold. lvs. as issued, 4to.
- Portfolio corners sl. bumped, otherwise fine.
AND 1 other similar.
- Some offsetting from fold. flap of dustwr. on endpapers. Binding foxed. Otherwise fine.
La Fontaine, J. de. De krekel en de mier en andere fabels. Transl. J.W.F. Werumeus Buning. Ibid., idem, 1945, 55p., 12 etchings by J. BIERUMA OOSTING, printed in 1000 numb. copies signed by the translator and artist, orig. giltlettered hvellum, 4to.
- Binding trifle stained.
AND 2 others similar.
- Sl. fingersoiled. Backstrip and lower corner frontwr. restored/ strengthened.
= Lemmens/ Stommels p.55f and 258. Accompanying promotional book for Rimsky-Korsakov's opera Zolotoi Petushok in Sergei Zimin's opera house, for which Bilibin also did the stage design.
- Sl. rubbed along extremities.