1566 - 1710 FALCONRY and HUNTING. BOOKS, PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PAINTINGS, SCULPTURES, MISCELLANEA etc.
- Bookplates on upper endpaper. Mounted frontwr. sl. dam. = Rare.
- Title-p. soiled; bookplate on first free endpaper.
- Bookplate on first free endpaper.
AND 3 others, i.a. FREDEDIC II OF HOHENSTAUFEN, l'Art de chasser avec les oiseaux. Le traité de fauconnerie De arte venandi cum avibus. French transl. and ed. by A. Paulus and B. van den Abeele (Nogent-le-Roi, 2000, (col.) plates, orig. cl. w. dustwr. Bookplate on first free endpaper. Bibliotheca Cynegetica I); B. VAN DEN ABEELE, La Fauconnerie dans les lettres françaises du XIIe au XIVe siècle (Louvain, 1990, col. frontisp., orig. wr. Bookplate on verso frontwr.).
- Lacks (?) chain attached to the falcon's claw. = Probably a later copy.
- One tip of the feathers neatly reattached. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LIII.
- Small chip at lower corner pedestal. = Rare large piece. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LIII.
= Originally designed in the 1920's. The factory was expropiated and renamed in 1948 VEB Lichte.
AND a small similar figurine of an eagle by the Heubach company, ±1910 (w. the blue mark).
= Designed in 1908 for the 200 year anniversary of the Meissen factory in 1910. Probably a later casting.
= Modern cast after the original sculpture by the artist.
= Originally designed in 1900.
- Very fine copy.
= One of 75 numb. copies printed in the Patron's Edition. Published as vol.III of the Heritage Publications Series. The Short Discourse (...) (publ. 1603) was the first work to be published on the subject in the English language. Only one copy is known to exist and that is kept in the Beinecke library.
= Bibliotheca Cynegetica 7.
AND 3 others (incl. 1 incomplete work), i.a. C. D'ANTHENAISE, Portraits en costume de chasse (Paris, 2010, num. ills., orig. boards w. dustwr., large 4to).
- Contents occas. trifle foxed and orig. wr. sl. foxed. Otherwise fine.
= Thiébaud p.853, stating that only 150 copies were printed. With one extra plate (cut out from a French periodical) bound with (between p.74-75). With AUTOGRAPH SIGNED DEDICATION to an unnamed gentleman by C. DE SAINT-MARC on htitle. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LIII.
- Bookplate on upper pastedown. Backwr. sl. creased in lower outer corner. Otherwise fine.
= Schwerdt II, p.249.
- Sl. foxed throughout. Otherwise fine. = One 20 copies printed on Chine. Thiébaud 875.