1711 - 1976 NATURAL HISTORY, MEDICINE, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY etc.
- Part 1 title-p. w. sm. closed tear; last plate w. tear of 3,5 cm. along middle fold in lower margin; part 2 two lvs. w. sm. closed tear(s); part 3 (water)stained; partly dogeared. Lower joint splitting.
= Ad 1: cf. Nissen, BBI 1078; cf. Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 89. Ad 2: (Fructologia): cf. Nissen, BBI 1077; cf. Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 93.
- Lacks 5 plates; some of the plates cut trifle short; some of the loosely inserted plates sl. duststained in upper or lower margin. Contents otherwise fine. One vol. top of spine sl. dam.; wrappers partly loose(ning)/ frayed and a few backwr. lacking.
= Collaborators for the later vols. of the series were first H.C. van Hall, then F.A.W. Miquel and lastly J.E. van der Trappen. The publication continued up to 1934 and by that time comprised 28 volumes. Landwehr, Dutch Books w. Col. Plates 60; Nissen, BBI 2247; Pritzel 4822. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LVI.
- Owner's stamp on upper pastedowns; owner's entry in pen and ink on first free endpapers. Fine set.
- Free endpapers sl. foxed. Backstrip worn; upper joint startin at foot of spine.
- Trifle foxed. Fine copy. = Not in Nissen BBI or Pritzel; cf. Gumuchian 3975.
Darwin, E. Les amours des plantes. French transl. J.P.F. Deleuze. Paris, Digeon, 1800, 1st ed., (4),412p., contemp. gilt hcalf, 12mo.
- Contemp. owner's entries on title; a few lvs. sl. browned. Covers worn along edges.
AND 2 others: P. ZACCONE, Nouveau langage des fleurs avec leur valeur symbolique et leur emploi pour l'expression des pensées (Paris, 1862, chromolithogr. plates, woodengr. ills., modern cl.) and another copy of the same work (1877, contemp. blindst. gilt hcalf, a.e.g. Dedication on first free endpaper; sl. foxed).
- Without the text vols. Occas. sl. foxed/ sl. stained, but generally in fine condition.
= Nissen, BBI 1288; Pritzel 5888; Dunthorne 192.
- Joints splitting at spine-ends. Contents fine.
AND 4 others, i.a. E. LE MAOUT, Leçons élémentaires de botanique (Paris, (1867), 3rd ed., 12 handcol. woodengr. ills., num. textills., contemp. gilt dec. cl., a.e.g. Lower joint splitting. Nissen, ZBI 1172) and H. GALEOTTI (ed.), Journal d'horticulture pratique de la Belgique (Brussels, 1853-1854, 12 issues in 1 vol., 12 handcol. lithogr. plates, contemp. gilt hcalf, orig. wr. pres.).
- Plates occas. sl. foxed.
= The first and only major flora published of Sardinia and adjacent islands. Pritzel 6461; Nissen, BBI 1410. Very rare.
- Trifle foxed; owner's entry on first free endpaper. Corners bumped; spine-ends rubbed.
= Nissen, BBI 2218; Pritzel 6488.
AND 7 others similar, i.a. M. LE DOCTE, Nouveau système de culture (Liège, 1845, 9 lithogr. fold. plates, contemp. gilt hcalf) and F. BURVENICH, La culture potagère (Ghent, 1912, 5th ed., 6 chromolithogr. plates, 497 lithogr. ills., contemp. cl. Upper joint split).
- Occas. trifle foxed. Binding partly sl. rubbed. = Nissen, BBI 2212.
- Lacks upper pastedown, frontisp. and 1 plate; larger part title-p. invisibly doubled on recto; partly w. very vague (marginal) waterst. Vellum worn.
= The first edition. Nissen, BBI 1430; Pritzel 6556; De Belder 251.
- Some sl. occas. foxing; title-p. foxed/ soiled and trifle worn in outer blank margins. New endpapers. A (very) good copy.
= The rare first edition. Nissen, BBI suppl. 1458n; Pritzel 6785; Wittop Koning p.151/152.
- Fine. = Nissen, BBI 779.
- Ex library copy w. (punched out) stamps on first and last few lvs. Spine worn.
= Nissen, BBI 2351.
- All vols. owner's stamp on title-p. and first blank/ upper pastedown; trifle foxed; ±20 plates loose(ning). Vol.11 spine discol.
= Nissen, BBI 1771.
- Binding sl. rubbed.
= Contains 92 chromo plates as called for on the title-p. Nissen BBI, 1817 (calling for 95 chromo plates).
AND 1 other.
- Vol. 2 vaguely waterst in lower corner throughout.
= Rare fruit encyclopaedia, based on the work of J.C. Christ and enlarged with the main information from W. Forsijth "over eene nieuwe wijze van boomsnoeijen, en de door hem uitgevondene middelen om oude, kwijnende, of verwaarloosde boomen te genezen, en op nieuws te doen herleven." Pomona's Harvest p.239.
- All vols. remnants of bookplate on upper pastedown; all plates w. contemp. owner's annots.; occas. (sl.) foxed; title-p. of all but one vol. upper outer corner cut off; first vol. bookblock loose; title-p. and 1 plate loosening; 4th vol. lacks 1 plate. All vols. spine sunned; first vol. backstrip torn along joints at top of spine; 4th vol. spine dam.
= Nissen, BBI 2225.
- Without vol.12. A few lvs. w. sm. tear in margin. All vols. corners sl. worn (1x at spine-ends).
= Nissen, BBI 2227. Good set.
- First vol. a few lvs. loose; all vols. w. bookplate on prelim. leaf. Bindings rubbed; backstrips sunned.
= Nissen, BBI 1947.