5590 - 5932 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
= I.a. a skating boy pushing a girl in a sleigh across the ice; two women standing on either side of a cradle with a sleeping baby (dated "92") and a portrait of a young adult girl.
- Some sm. parts of gouache flaked off.
- Slightly yellowed.
- Wormhole in right part; a few sm. flaked spots (mainly) around the margins; sl. dustsoiled.
- Frame sl. dam.
- Formerly folded; sl. creased and fingersoiled; right (extended) margin discoloured and partly torn.
Anonymous (2nd half 19th cent.). "Ontwerp eener stelphuizinge op de schaal van 1 à 100". Drawing, pen and ink and watercolour, 40x65 cm., signed (illegibly) and "Nov 79".
- Sl. creased.
AND 1 other drawing, (design of a chair), under passepartout w. "ontwerptekening J.P. Bakker[?] Kampen ca.1880" in pencil on verso.
- Slightly foxed; trifle yellowed. = Provenance: the collection of J. and C. Ulmann.
AND 7 others, i.a. 2 drawings of architectural ornaments by "Marie(?) Masson" and a sketch of a statue of Julius Caesar on a column.
- A few vague creases. = On paper with "J. Kool" watermark.
- Some gluestains shining through in upper left corner; trifle foxed.
= SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVI.
- Sl. nibbled by silverfish, agetoned and sl. soiled.
= Probably one of the two paintings by the artist exhibited in the Tentoonstelling van nog levende meesters (Amst., 1838, no.18 or 19). Professionally reframed, cleaned and revarnished. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXVII.
- Leaf sl. browned; closed vertical tear (2 cm.) in upper part.
= With signature/ signed "Abraham Begeyn 1650" or "Bega Jzn" in pencil on verso. On 17th century laid paper with a partial watermark of a horn.
- Yellowed. = Provenance: from the collection of J. and C. Ulmann (Lugt 3533).