6089 - 6356 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
- Foxed; cut on the borderline on left side. = With attribution to Jean-Baptiste Oudry on verso.
- Lacks part of both upper corners; sl. foxed; sm. hole in lower right corner.
= On laid paper showing a watermark resembling a fleur-de-lis.
- Some foxing; small hole in left margin.
- Two tiny horizontal waterstains in the tower behind the bridge.
= Nice drawing, in the style of Cornelis Pronk. Provenance: "Veiling Van Huffel 22 Mei 1928" (annot. in pen and ink on verso). SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIII.
- Doubled w. Japanese. = SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CIV.
- Left edge 2 dents; partly browned.
AND an anonymous 19th cent. pencil drawing of a farmer's wife (21x18 cm., laid down under passepartout).
- Upper corners tipped onto paper mount.
- Rubbed spots.
Benefigli, C. (18th cent.). (Samson sends foxes to destroy the crops of the Philistines). Drawing, pen and brown ink, pencil underdrawing, 24x28 cm., signed "C:re Benefigli" and "Ao.38" in pen and ink. - AND 5 others, i.a. a 17th cent. drawing after J. CALLOT, showing a beggar with a rosary (after the print from the series of Beggars).
- Sl. fingersoiled; upper and lower edge chipped.
= Attractive drawing on laid paper with part of a mid-18th cent. Dutch watermark.
Anonymous (early 19th cent.). (Village view with a man riding a wheel barrow with a cask). Drawing, brush/ pen and ink, 14,4x20,3 cm., on velin paper.
- A few sm. duststains; sm. crease in lower and upper left corner.
= With the collector's numbering by Jacob Helmont (1747-1808) on verso.
= With unidentified manuscript collector's mark "H.F. " on verso.
- Slightly foxed. = On paper with a crowned watermark: "GR".
= Showing the ruins of Delft after the so called "Delfste donderslag", the explosion of the gunpowder depot on 12 October 1654. A very similar late 17th/ early 18th cent. drawing is in the collection of the Rijksmuseum (object nr. RP-T-00-3640). Our drawing with addition of people in the foreground.
- A few brown spots; waterstained; remnants of former mount visible on verso and shining through on recto.
= On verso an (unrelated) letter to "Tres honoree Cousin!", signed "J.(?).G. Plugfelder".
AND 5 others, i.a. 2 small silhouette portraits of French revolutionary figures and a delicate 19th cent. drawing of a rose (pen and ink and grey wash).